Horizon’s hospice care program brings comfort and dignity to those who have been told they have a life-limiting or terminal disease, as well as support for the loved ones who care so much for the sick individual.
We celebrate the human spirit throughout the hospice process and bring security and compassion through our services. Your loved one deserves to be cared for by hospice specialists who make a loving difference in the lives of the people they serve, by doing the work they have a passion for.
Hospice care is brought to the person’s home, wherever that may be. Hospice is not a place, but a type of care focused on the individual’s comfort and wishes. Those who use hospice care are given the opportunity to determine where they will receive services and how much or how little support they need with the help of their specialized hospice team. Hospice care can be provided in the individual’s home, a family member’s home, a community facility, a specialized hospice facility or even a hospital.
What Hospice Does:
- Provides a caring support system for the individual and their loved ones throughout the disease process
- Offers advice, guidance, teaching and compassion 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensures that attention is given to the person more so than the disease and every effort is made to follow their wishes
- Surrounds the individual and loved ones with a blanket of security
- Gives caregivers the tools and confidence to provide for their loved one’s needs
- Makes each individual part of a larger family focused on their well-being and comfort, not the disease
When given the opportunity, hospice care can make the disease progression more manageable and comfortable for the sick person and their loved ones. Hospice can help manage symptoms at the very end of life, but our team can also help to plan, prepare and provide resources for a longer period leading up to that point.
How do I know if hospice is the right choice?
- If you or your loved one would prefer to forgo aggressive and curative treatment to focus on comfort and quality of life, hospice is for you
- If you are a caregiver of a loved one with a life-limiting or terminal disease and you are overwhelmed or need additional support, call us
- Many people are unsure of when to begin hospice care. Each individual’s circumstances are unique. We believe the more time we have to work with you and your loved ones, the better we’re able to help
- If you’d like to discuss your specific situation and whether you qualify for the comprehensive services hospice offers, please contact Horizon at 414.365.8300
We’re also one of the community’s only hospice providers that’s both Medicare/Medicaid-certified and Joint Commission Accredited (since June of 1999). That’s an important distinction when you’re looking for who you can trust to serve you and your family.